1. General Principles
Sitemax Systems Inc. of Suite 309-1110 Hamilton Street
- Your information will be stored on computers located in Canada and the United States and is subject to regulation under the laws of Canada and the United States.
- If users have questions or concerns regarding this statement, they should contact Sitemax Customer Support service by email: email@example.com.
2. Notification of Changes
Note: Sitemax is not responsible for the operations of any websites which may be linked to or linked from our Site. Users submitting information to or through these third-party websites should review the privacy statement of these sites before providing them with personally identifiable information. These websites are governed by their own privacy statements and policies. These sites are known as Hubspot and Google.
3. What personal information we collect
3.1 Information We Collect
We collect the following personal information from you.
- Name and Company
- Information you input into the Sitemax app about your personal activities including: any information contained in a video, comment or other submission you upload through our site or our apps. This includes identifying information such as: address, telephone number, city of residence, your work place location, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
- Any additional information the user fills-in or adds as custom Fields and Values, this can include: your capabilities, your career history, your project history. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information .
3.2 Site Traffic Information
Due to the technical nature of web-browsing, when you visit our Site, we obtain the following information:
- the web address of the website that you came from or are going to;
- which pages of our Site and features of our app you visit or use; the type of browser you use;
- the times you access our Site or app;
- the type of device you use to access our Site or app;
- the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer you to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Unless expressly stated otherwise, our Site does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
We use all this collected information only to try to understand your preferences better and to manage the load on our servers, so as to improve our service, analyze trends, administer the site, improve site performance, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not track the websites that you visit before or after you leave our site.
3.3 Our use of “Cookies”
“Cookies” are small files of data that reside on your computer and allow us to recognize you as a Sitemax user if you return to our Site using the same computer and browser. We send a “session cookie” to your computer if and when you log in to your Sitemax account by entering your email address and password. These cookies allow us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages in our Site during the same session, so that you don’t need to re-enter your password multiple times. Once you log out or close your browser, these session cookies expire and no longer have any effect.
We may work with certain third-party companies that use techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity, including those integrated with our Services. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques. To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by those third parties that are members of DAA’s opt-out program, please go to http://www.aboutads.info.
3.4 Customer service correspondence
If you send us correspondence, including emails or text messages, we retain such information in the records of your account. We will also retain all related correspondence from Sitemax to you and all related records. We retain these records in order to measure and improve our customer service, or as required to comply with applicable law and/or regulation.
3.5 Questionnaires, surveys or profile data
From time to time, we may offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users’ interests and needs. The use of the information collected will be explained in detail in the survey itself. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
3.6 Aggregated data
Using the Services it is possible to collect aggregated anonymized data which is collected and stored without association with personal information and does not identify Customer in any way (“Aggregated Data”). All Aggregated Data is and will be, as between Sitemax and Customer, the property of Sitemax and not considered to be personal information.
4. Use and Disclosure of Collected Information
4.1 Internal Uses
We use the information we collect about you in order to:
- Verify your identity
- Provide our services
- Process your transactions
- Improve our services
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our Site, our apps, products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made via our Site or apps, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
We limit access to personal information about you to those employees and agents who need to know the information to provide products and services to you.
4.2 Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, or with your express permission. These third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information is disclosed. We disclose information appropriate to the circumstances as determined in our sole unfettered discretion.
- We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
- We may use a third party communication company to communicate with you. We will require such third party to only use your contact information for the purpose of our communications with you and will also require such third party to delete such contact information from their records following the termination of their retainer by Sitemax.
- We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- We disclose information that we are required by applicable law to disclose to applicable parties including, without limitation, law enforcement authorities, regulators or auditors.
4.3 Our contacts with you
We communicate with users on a regular basis via email or text or other electronic means to provide requested services. We also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints. We use your email address or phone number to confirm your various transactions, including opening of an Sitemax account, to send you notice of delivered messages, to send information about important changes to our products and services, to inform you about new pricing or products or services, to alert you to public security or privacy threats (such as email solicitation) and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be administrative in nature rather than promotional.
We communicate with users on a minimal basis for the purpose of Sitemax services communication, unless you opt-out of these communications, sent as an option in each communication. Communications may include, without limitation, email to suggest new Sitemax products or services, surveys, web-based contests and prizes, direct postal mail or phone calls.
4.5 Internet address or phone information
We use IP addresses, browser types and access times to analyze trends, administer the site, improve site performance, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
4.6 Retention and deletion of information
We retain all records related to messages sent or received via Sitemax, your personal identification or any other information about you or pertaining to you for as long as you have an Sitemax account. When you become an Sitemax user, we also retain records and information about you throughout the application process.
Once we terminate your Sitemax account, subject to applicable laws requiring us to retain records, Sitemax will delete any information you have provided to Sitemax, including, without limitation, any marketing, budgeting, financial or other confidential information or personal information of yours. You can see what information is deleted and what we continue to store after the account is disabled by request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.7 Accessing your information and exporting it
You have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your Sitemax account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
You can disable your Sitemax account by request. We can disable it at our discretion. You can permanently disable and/or delete your Sitemax account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. We can terminate or suspend your account at any time at our discretion.
These terms remain in effect after your account is disabled.
You can export a copy of content in your Sitemax Account if you want to back it up or use it with a service outside of Sitemax. Contact customer support at: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in this.
We try to ensure that our services protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when you delete something and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems.
5. Updating and correcting Your Information
You can review the personal information you provided us and make changes to some information, or to the settings for your account, at any time by logging in to your account on our website and changing your information.
6. Information security
6.1 Security of stored information
Information and data security is of paramount importance at Sitemax. Sitemax is committed to handling all of your information with the highest standards of information security.
Sitemax also takes the following measures to protect user and business data:
- Sitemax uses enterprise-grade security measures to protect customer data from unauthorized access. 256-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology is used to protect data in-transit and ensure the confidentiality of your data. The encryption process protects your information by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once Sitemax receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure however.
- The Sitemax platform is hosted in a secure server environment that uses firewalls, encryption, and other advanced security technologies to ensure that data is kept safe, secure, and only available to customers who own and have access to it.
- Encrypted password authentication is used to verify that users logging into the system are who they claim to be. Sitemax does not store confidential username or password information on your computer, but instead uses an advanced method of encrypted session identification for authenticated users.
- Managed Backup: Hourly and daily incremental backups.
- Security threats: Sitemax pays close attention to emerging internet security threats and applies patches to Sitemax servers as required to further ensure the security of data.
- We maintain other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws to guard your non-public personal information.
We use what we believe to be “best-of-class” hosting services and security technologies and services that we believe provide you with a secure and safe environment. Information is hosted at Amazon via Amazon’s cloud services. Security specification at such services are described in Amazon’s website.
Sitemax’s managed hosting partner provides the following:
- Network availability: 99.95% network uptime SLA.
- Facility: Industrial strength datacenter that includes dedicated hosting centers across North America.
- ISO 27001-certified information security management system, SAS 70 Type II-compliant control standards.
Our general policies and beliefs around data security are:
- You own your private data, not us.
- You can delete your private data from Sitemax when you want.
- We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
6.2 Your responsibilities
The security of your Sitemax account also relies on your protection of your password. You may not share your password with anyone. Sitemax will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on the Sitemax websites, at the following URLs:
or any of our other sites.
Any email or other communication requesting your password, asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, or linking to a website with a URL other than those specified within this document should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to Sitemax immediately. If you do share your Sitemax password with a third party for any reason, you may be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please contact us right away.