We’ve put together a list of only 5 out of many impressive sports arenas around the world. What are your favourites?
- National Stadium (Beijing, China). While this amazing structure was originally built and intended for a sports audience, The Beijing Guo’an Football Club, they backed out last minute in fear of being embarrassed by not filling up the 80,000 seats with their regular 10,000 fans. Because of this, it is now going to play host to a hotel and shopping mall.
- Taiwan’s National Stadium is the first in the world to use solar energy technology to power it’s operations. It is the home of Taiwan’s National Football team, located in Kaohsiung, Taiwan and has a capacity of 55,000.
- Soccer City, located in Johannesburg, South Africa is the largest stadium to sit on the African continent. This massive structure holds 94,700 fans and was host to the World Cup in 2010.
- The Float located in Marina Bay, Singapore, this floating stadium is the largest of it’s kind worldwide. This impressive structure that sits on the ocean is made up completely of steel, is 120 metres long and 83 metres wide and care hold 1,070 tonnes with is the equivalent of 9,000 people, 200 tonnes of stage props and three (3) 30 tonne military vehicles.
- The stadium to hold the most fans on our list is Camp Nou, located in Barcelona, Spain. The maximum capacity for this huge structure is just under 100,000 at 99,786. It may not come as a surprise to you that this stadium is host to one of the most popular football teams in the world, FC Barcelona.
Post in the comment section below or tell us about your favourite stadiums on our Twitter page: @sitemaxsystems!